Monday 7 August 2017

Swimming (One Shot)

Helloooo!

I am back from my lovely and relaxing (mainly) holiday, feeling fully refreshed and raring to go. Obviously, this is only likely to last a couple of days until I get back into the swing of working (and the horrible early mornings and long travel times) by which time I'll have completely forgotten I even had a holiday and I'll be dying for another one (which, as luck would have it, will be Leakycon at the end of August - so not long to wait.)

Anyway, I went off on holiday with the best of intentions and several stories that I wanted to get finished, or at least move on significantly. Sadly, I have to report that I failed miserably in that task.

I did, however, write a couple of short stories, based on holidays. The first is a non-HP story (I know, shock, horror!) and was written for a competition I saw online, which had to include a beach somewhere in it. Unfortunately, I failed as it was also supposed to be no more than 1,000 words long and I couldn't get it below 1,200 however hard I tried, and the story I really wanted to write was nearer 2,000. I may give it to my fabulous beta, Mamacita, and see if she can suggest where I can lose 200 words (that's going to be a mega challenge, I can tell you).

The second story is HP-related (hurrah!) and is a saucy bit of fluff called Swimming, featuring Hermione and Severus, with a supporting cast of Malfoys and the Granger parents, all sharing a nice little holiday (not together, obviously) in a small, partially wizarding seaside village in Crete. 

It's rated 'M' as there's a bit of nudity, but it's not too scandalous.

Check it out and if you like it please leave a review or some kudos as it would make me happy.




As a boring bit of trivia, I can tell you that the photo I used on FanFiction.Net is actually a photo of the sea I was writing about in the story, and yes, that is two people swimming.

Until next time.

Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment