Monday 28 October 2013

Affairs of the Heart - Chapter Four

So I survived the great storm and have posted the latest chapter of the story. Things are beginning to get interesting between Severus and Hermione again. . . .
 
Affairs of the Heart - Chapter 4 

As always a review or comment would be greatly appreciated.

And now the countdown starts to NaNoWriMo. In four days time I shall be (mainly) abandoning my HP fan fiction for a month in order to write something original - which at the current time is intended to be a crime novel, although this may change if things don't go to plan (as they quite often don't with my writing). I have managed to successfully complete it for 3 of the 5 years I've taken part, so fingers crossed that this year will also be a successful one for me. 

For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, follow the link for more information - or to sign up. Essentially it's an annual novel writing project which professional and amateur writers from all over the world become involved in. 

They describe it as "a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing. On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000 word novel by 11:59 p.m. on November 30. Valuing enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, NaNoWriMo is for anyone who has ever thought fleetingly about writing a novel." For more in-depth information on how it works click here

Basically, for me it's an excuse to write without worrying that I should be doing other things as I have a deadline to meet in order to win. It's not the final book, just the first rough draft, but just managing to get 50,000 words down is an achievement, even if it never goes any further.

I will still be posting Affairs of the Heart every week as I've got a schedule set up with my beta in readiness, so barring unforeseen circumstances there shouldn't be any delay with it. 

If you're taking part in NaNoWriMo too, then the best of luck to you! I hope you win :)

Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment