Friday 22 December 2017

The Recluse - Chapter One


Hi everyone,

With Christmas almost here it's time for me to post chapter one of the first of two festive stories I've written for this year. Now, you all know that I'm an absolute sucker for a Christmas love story, especially between Draco and Hermione.

The first story is called The Recluse

It will be posted daily over the next week - hence moving the story along in time with the date (i.e. the Christmas Day chapter will be posted on Christmas Day). 

I created an image for the story, which gives hints as to what it's about. I'm not usually very good at these things but I think I've done a fairly good job with this one.



The synopsis is as follows:

The second wizarding war has been over for more than a decade. Hermione, now working for the Ministry of Magic, is given an assignment that she doesn’t particularly want and is fairly sure she can’t complete, but pride and the need to show her unreasonable boss once and for all how good she is sends her to the last place on earth she wants to go — Malfoy Manor. 


This has been written and is posted as a present and a thank you to all the people who have read my stories over the last year.

I was hoping to post on Lumos as well as FFNet and AO3 to get it out to as many places as possible, but I've got a headache tonight and can't cope with sorting out the formatting etc. As there is usually a delay of a few days before it gets approved for posting it would be running late anyway, so I'll add in the links for Lumos once the whole story appears in the listings.

The story is a general romance and contains no lemons. It does contain some swearing, though, so I've rated it as T to be on the safe side.

AO3 

I hope you enjoy the story, and as ever would appreciate kudos, comments and feedback. 

See you tomorrow.

Dx






No comments:

Post a Comment